29 May 2015

My First Month!

Hi there!

Some of our social media followers or current clients might have noticed a new member joining the Salon Tracker team, but in case you haven’t... Hello! I’m Nicki and I’m sure you’ll be hearing a lot more from me in the up and coming months.

I joined the Salon Tracker team mid-April and have loved every minute since I arrived. Why did I want to work for Salon Tracker?  I have a passion for media, communication and of course, all things tanning, hair and beauty so a role within the sales and marketing team here was perfect for me!

In my first couple of weeks, I just got used to the role and my day to day responsibilities, of course.  This was a great time for me to engage in our company history, current clients, and locality in the market.  Starting a new job is so exciting but can be pretty daunting at the same time due to being ‘the-newbie’.  That being said, my manager, Rachel has been great at ensuring I settle in to the company well and get up to speed with the day-to-day routines of the business.

My role changes on a daily basis, which is what makes it so exciting. The days here are hustle and bustle, we are all very busy with networking, speaking to clients and negotiating sales.  As a people person, I love an environment like this and I am really enjoying getting to know new people and building relationships with you all.  Typically when you work for such a busy company weekly meetings are an absolute must. Here at Salon Tracker, Monday mornings are for exactly that and it’s definitely something I would recommend to any fellow business to get your week off to a successful and robust start.   It’s a great time to look at last week’s progress and envision the upcoming weeks plans and execution.  Being in a heavily technical focused environment is something I was once apprehensive about because I love a good pen and paper list, but I have definitely noticed it is much more time efficient for all involved!  And surprisingly, I’ve become accustomed to it very quickly!

May was a great starter month for me because I really was thrown into the deep end of things with the initial stage planning for PROFESSIONAL BEAUTY NORTH!  We are so excited to be attending this year.  It will be my first exhibition show and the first for Salon Tracker so I, along with everyone else, cannot wait (Make sure you come and visit us!).  Another huge area of concentration has been our ‘May= Tanning Month’ campaign. Tanning is such an important part of our industry with regards to all of the surrounding laws & regulations.  It is quite a big sector within our company too so the campaign push stems from this (so if you’ve noticed an increased amount of bronzed skin and sandy beaches on our page- this is why!) Anyway, I best get back to work - I hope you have enjoyed my first month blog and indeed May Tanning Month.  June is time for all things hair, nails and beauty and we also have a few tips for father’s day, best friend’s day and festival favourites with Park Life and Wireless coming up - so keep checking our news feed!

Speak to you soon!

Nicki@salontracker x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enhance Customer Experience and Security with Our New QR Code Scanner!

Are you ready to take your salon's customer experience to the next level?   Then look no further than our latest innovation – the QR cod...