27 Jun 2018

Top 5 Beauty Buys

I can’t believe we’ve gone through June already! For the end of this month’s blogs, I’m going to invite you to try 5 beauty products I’m obsessed with! I will briefly explain each product and describe exactly why I love it so much. Whilst we’re just entering summer 2018 there couldn’t be a better time to prepare for healthy, glowing skin. I’ve loved experimenting with different types of makeup and skin products so this week’s blog is right up my street! Everyone loves having tanned glowing skin and sitting in the sun, just make sure you stay protected!





£24.50


My first Best Beauty Buy is Mac Studio Fix Fluid from the Mac store in White Rose shopping Centre. Whilst looking for a reasonably priced foundation, after trialing and failing multiple drugstore brands, none were lasting long enough as a full days makeup. I decided to go more high street and this was a great choice! The consistency is very light, a brilliant base layer, a little goes a long way with this product and so it has buildable coverage. The finish of this foundation is matte so it’s extremely good at controlling oily skin and it’s formulated with SPF 15, perfect for the summer time! I usually use a beauty blender to apply it but it works well using a soft brush. Mac do various shades of this foundation suiting any skin tone and if you’re not sure what suits you, the staff are more than happy to help and give you a skin test!






£12.99


One product what will really give a glowing summer look is a bronzer, for an extra tanned sparkle, a shimmer bronzer looks the best. Most makeup brands do various types and shades but one I really enjoy using is the L’OrĂ©al Glam Bronze La Terra Sun Face Body Bronzing Powder, quite the mouthful! This bronzer is very light and smooth not making your face muddy, its also tinted with light glitter. I use this with all my makeup looks and even on days when I don’t wear any foundation. It brightens up your face and doesn’t take much product to do so. Since this bronzer is in a super big pan, it also works pretty well as an eyeshadow, for those 5 minute makeup days…





£5.00


Another top beauty product of mine is eyebrow pomade, everyone thinks that re-drawing eyebrows take the longest in a makeup routine but using a creamy pomade makes the entire process a lot quicker and easier to do. I use Revolution Pomade in Medium Brown which I bought at Superdrug. I apply it with a small angled brush and brow setting gel over the top. Pomade is great in the summer because it dries as a sort of powder, it doesn’t smudge or run in the warm weather and the gel on top holds it in place. I would really recommend this product to anyone who usually does their brows every day and doesn’t want to get them permanently tinted. Definitely to someone who is just starting out in makeup. Practice really does make perfect but the end result it’s worth it!





£2.99


This next beauty buy is a product perfect for when you’ve just woken up, straight after a shower and certainly after a long day of wearing makeup. Clean & Clear blackhead clearing cleanser which i buy from Bodycare is definitely one product I couldn’t live without, I use it multiple times a day! This cleanser I discovered about 4 years ago and I’ve used it ever since. Its formulated to remove all the dirt, oil and dead skin cells that gets trapped in your pores. It works on removing blackheads, even soothes pimples and controlling your skin to prevent impurities coming back.





£5.95


The final beauty is a brilliant product for your skin, Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm which was £2.65 on sale from Superdrug. Now I know what you might be thinking… what? This is a men’s product! This balm is a very thin consistency, works to cool and sooth inflamed skin (as when men have shaved) and dries super quickly. It works as a brilliant moisturizer for under makeup and acts as a primer, it forms a slick consistency making any face products run on smoother. I also discovered this product a few years ago whilst looking for a moisturizer suitable for sensitive skin, one that would comply with the rest of my skincare routine and thin enough to moisturize before applying any makeup. After watching multiple YouTube tutorials I decided to try this one out and I’m so glad I did!


Let us know if you’ve tried out any of these products and how they worked for you! Follow us on twitter: @SalonTrackerLtd and Instagram: @SalonTrackerSoftware


Salon Tracker x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enhance Customer Experience and Security with Our New QR Code Scanner!

Are you ready to take your salon's customer experience to the next level?   Then look no further than our latest innovation – the QR cod...