4 Sept 2019

My First Year!


I can’t believe its been a year already! I’m sure many of you have seen me at trade shows or spoken to me on the phone but if not… I’m Leah. I am a part of the Sales and Marketing Team here at Salon Tracker and also a degree apprentice student!


I started around about a year ago after getting my A level results. This tends to be one of our busiest times of the year so I was thrown straight into the deep end which meant I had to try and pick up everything as quick as possible. When I first started answering calls, I had to double check almost everything with my manager Nicki and the other members of the team Christie and Naomi but as my first month drew to a close, I found I was able to tackle a lot more independently.


My main jobs roles are: using social media to attract customers, answering the phones, completing demo and trial and writing blogs (just like this one).  Though these are my main roles, I also do things such as hiring and attending trade shows. This year I have attended Professional Beauty Trade shows in both London and Manchester. I will also be attending Salon International next month, come visit us on stand T174.



I enjoy attending these trade shows and talking to both new potential customers and also existing customers that I had previously only spoke to on the phone.

Just after I had got to grips with the job, I started my degree apprenticeship at Sheffield Hallam University. I am currently completing a Chartered Management Degree. Whilst this is the equivalent of a normal degree, instead of being there full time, I attend lectures for four days every two months and between these blocks I complete different assignments for grades which go towards my end degree. At first, taking in all the information for a full module in just 4 days then having to complete a full assignment on it was difficult to fit it in with my work, but as my first year comes to a close, I am finding it a little easier every time. Though sometimes balancing work life and studying can be a little stressful but I know It will be worth it in the end when it comes to graduation in 2021.

Overall, I have learnt a lot in the past year and I’m enjoying all the work I do here at Salon Tracker. Though I have already learnt so much I am constantly expanding my knowledge further and I look forward to continuing this for years to come. There is a lot of exciting things in the future for Salon Tracker and I look forward to getting the chance to speak to more of you!

Leah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enhance Customer Experience and Security with Our New QR Code Scanner!

Are you ready to take your salon's customer experience to the next level?   Then look no further than our latest innovation – the QR cod...